Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New pickguard for my new Moon

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassplayer2106, Feb 4, 2006.

1. There're so many options when it comes to choosing a new pickguard - I'm not able to visualise what it will look like on my new Moon Jazz bass.

It's in Lake placid blue with an off white pickguard that seems to stand out too much

Does anyone have any pictures that they're willing to share of jazz basses in this colour with anything other than white pickguards.

Attached Files:

2. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

I am finding out that LPB is a very interesting animal.

Lots of people like tort on this bass (which I am ambivalent about), some like white pearloid (which looks great on the DJ5 Lakland), some like solid black.

I am going through a similar dilemma -- which is complicated by the fact that the neck on mine is (heavily lacquered!) maple.

I opted for Black Pearloid ...

[​IMG]

The jury is still out.

3. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    wood for the win!
    [​IMG]

More of a pale greenish blue, but thought it'd apply.

That's baltic birch plywood. I'm working on a flamed maple version to replace it with. Should match the headstock color better when I'm done.

4. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    That pickguard is beautiful.

5. IotaNet

Klockwerk -

I have always liked that pickguard from the first time you posted it -- especially the shape. It's obviously a Fender Jazz but the shape is just different enough to make it unique.

Very nicely done!

6. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    wow, thanks. I appreciate it!
    :D

7. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i like white pearloid!

8. tiredman9

tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    The Jury should be locked away. That bass looks amazing, feel free to send it my way and I'll be your new jury. The case should be done in a handful of decades.

9. I'm finding it hard to decide between a white pearloid and a black pearloid.
    I've found somewhere in the UK that sells them quite cheaply so I might get both and then just swap them around.
    Try www.highlystrung.co.uk

Thanks for all of your photos.

10. how are moon jazz basses?

how about a chrome 'guard on that

11. Moon jazz basses seem to be excellent.

They're used by the like of Mark King,Larry Graham and Pino Palladino to name but a few.

I was thinking about chrome - the only problem is it's hard to visualise what the result will loook like - they're expensive as well - for what they are.

12. IotaNet

LOL!

Thanks for the kind comments guys -- I appreciate the feedback! :D

13. I still can't decide between these two so I'm going to change them as the mood takes me..

Attached Files: