1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Pickup Day (EMG GZR P)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bertbassplayer, Dec 14, 2018.

1. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    After lurking and reading a bunch of threads about various P pickups, I decided to take a chance on the EMG GZR Ps. I was looking for something vintage sounding but with a bit more power to them to replace the pickups on my American Series P. These things really seem to fit what I was looking for. I'm surprised they aren't more popular, but I suspect maybe that is because they are coming from EMG and not someone known for "vintage" pickups.

2. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
  3. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    They are really about the most talked about P pickup here lately. Very popular actually with a pretty good reputation.

4. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    I've seen them talked about here, but not so much outside of the TalkBass microcosm.

5. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Bass guitar itself is not talked about much outside of TalkBass.

:woot:

96tbird likes this.