Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New pickup Questions.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by eVersi0n, Jan 2, 2003.

1. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Alright, I'm thinkin of getting the Ibanez BTB405Qm, but i hate passive pickups (no questions, i just do), it has a Active eq in it, So i was thinking of throwing some active p/u's in there when i go and get it, i play mostly nu metal, maybe some Bartolini's? Any suggestions, plus i'm new to bass, but i'v played guitar for awhile, What would i need to all chnage if i put in new pickups, would i havfta chnage a bunch of stuff liek with a guitar, the eq n such? any help very much appreciated.

Thanks

2. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'd suggest that you'd try to be a bit more open minded.. There is no specific active pickup sound, nor any specific passive sound... It's funny that you mention Bartolinis, since the majority of those are passive. So, go out and try lots of basses, and buy the ones that sound good to you, and don't buy a bass that you don't like from the start - buy a bass that sounds good, not one that you feel has to have its pickups changed!

Good luck with bass playing and spelling.

And no, you don't have the change the EQ if you change the pickups.