1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New pickups for a MIA P-bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by killer B, Feb 16, 2001.

1. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    I just found a steal of deal on a new MIA p-bass at guitar center the other day so I had to buy it. I'm thinking about replacing the stock pickup and addinga j-pickup by the bridge. Can anyone recomend some replacements? I'm thinking I'm gonna stay passive. For the neck p-pickup I'm after the sound on Jane's Addictoin's Ritual de lo Habitual album. For the J something a bit brighter that would add some growl when I want it. Thanks for your help.

2. I have an MIA P as well, and I think I'm gonna keep the same pickups, but I do have a Yamaha that has P pickups and I replaced those with a Seymour Duncan Bassline Quarter Pounder pickup, and it made my Yamaha sound a lot better.

3. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    How would you describe the tone and output of the Seymour Duncan?

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I also have an MIA P-Bass. IMO the stock pickup is, if not THE BEST, then certainly one of the top 3 best sounding passive p-type pickups out there. Think carefully about spending money on a replacement. As for a J-type, there have been alot of good things posted about DiMarzios lately...

My two cents,
    -robert