Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Pickups for a Rogue

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by c_suders, Aug 1, 2002.

1. c_suders

c_suders

Sep 13, 2001
    Shippensburg, PA
    hey this sounds stupid but is it worth it for me to put bass lines j pickups in my rogue lbx200b? i am too poor to buy a new bass but i though that spending $60 on some new pickups might sound little better with my new SWR LA15. also i have never installed pickups, how good are the chances that i could screw it up? thanks in advance for any suggestions

2. I think if I were in your situation I would save my money for a used mim Fender j or p bass.You would be surprised at some of the deals you can get out there both from ebay and from other members unloading unwanted or surplus gear. :)

3. dont do it. thatd be a waste of time and money.

4. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Like putting earrings on a pig. :D

5. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    keep saving, get a squire...

6. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    i got my Essex J bass for $141.00 from this place and it plays great! just as good or even better than a Squier j bass IMO. check them out at:

www.rondomusic.com

:D

7. c_suders

c_suders

Sep 13, 2001
    Shippensburg, PA
    that is my answer i guess, i didn't know if it would be worth it or not. thanks for the help. i'm thinking about getting a fender p sometime in the future. i might get a 5 string when i do. the problem is finding a left handed one. oh well i'll cross that bridge when i come to it

8. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    I think it is has been said but:
    it's really not worth it.

Save your bucks, with the knowledge that there
    are some really good basses out there for not alot of cash. As every year goes by, the quality level
    on the low end gets better and better.

9. Essex and Squier? I don't think so. Squier doesn't offer alder or ash on there Jazz, nor on their P basses (except for the Affinity I believe). Essex is closer compaired to the MIM Fender. ;)