Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New pickups for Fernandes

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kingcakebaby, Dec 20, 2004.

1. kingcakebaby

kingcakebaby

Sep 20, 2004
    Tiffin, IA
    Hello all....

I have a Fernandes APB-100 5 string that I bought used at GC. I've had it for a few years and love the playability. Ever since I bought it however, there's been some significant amount of noise and low output overall with the stock FGI pickups. I use it mostly for recording in both home and professional studios, although I do play in live situations sometimes and use an Ampeg SVT-III Pro amp.
    I've read almost all of the posts and have learned a great deal, however I'm still undecided about which pickups I want to get. I prefer a very focused and tight tone (moreso than the current stock pups) however, I play a large variety of styles, from country to rock to acoustic folk, both fingerstyle and slapping.
    I noticed that there are many of you that also have Fernandes basses (some, the APB) and have upgraded the stock pups. I would appreciate any and all opinions/suggestions specific to this bass, including how the sound changed compared to the stock pups.
    Thanks!!!