Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new pickups on my rockbass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by telemaster1952, Nov 2, 2005.

1. telemaster1952

telemaster1952

Oct 18, 2005
    i want a better tone from my rockbass. what are some good pickups to put in? its an active bass, i know of emg and basslines......never tried them

2. Just for the hell of it, I once tried to mount the MEC's from my Rockbass in my Fender MIM jazz bass. They wouldn't fit. The size is right, even down to the extra length of the bridge pickup, but the mounting screw "on center" width did not match. As far as I know, the screw spacing for the MIM pickups are pretty standard, so most pups you decide to go with will probably not make a good fit without a little modification. Just my experience.

3. I've installed a number of J style pickups in my Rockbass Corvette, and they've all fit just fine. ;)

I'm planning to install some Dimarzio Ultra Jazzes in it soon. I think they'll be rather nice after reading many positive reviews.

:hyper:

EDIT: Ohh - I've just ordered my Ultra Jazzes! :D

:bassist:

I can't wait!