1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Pickups or an LTD B-255

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jokke_v, Jan 2, 2004.

1. jokke_v

jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
    I have an Ibanez GT-Series 5 strings. The bass it self is great, and I love playing it, but the electronics are the problem.. It sounds great and all, but when I turn up the treble a bit it starts making this hissing noise. And if I turn the treble all the way up it really becomes bothering..

So I was wondering what I should do!!
    Change the pickups, or sell the bass and buy an LTD bass.. B-255 I think, I think it's somewhat the same as the B-205 model, but this is the new 2004 model.. The reason I'm thinking about LDT is because, a friend of mine has some good contacts, so I can probably get a 40% discount on LTD's compared to the prize I have to pay where I live.

I just wonder how much work, money and technical skills it would take to replace the pickups, and if it's better to just sell the bass I have and get a completely new one.

Please, someone answer me!!

2. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Are you sure it was a 255? I've never heard of them or seen them. If yeah what does it does it sound like?

its up to you, but 40% off sounds good to me

3. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    oh yes here it is:

Construction: Neck-thru-body
    Scale: 34”
    Body: Agathis w/flamed maple top
    Neck/Fretboard: 5-pc. maple-walnut/rosewood
    Inlays: Dots w/model name at 12th Fret
    Pickups: EMG 40-HZ set