1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade New Pics Lakland Deluxe 55-02 w/mods

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rapisme, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Price:
    Strings:
    Got this in trade and it’s Great just need to liquidate but if my Fender sells I’ll be deleting the post.

Lakland Skyline Deluxe 55-02 5 String Bass guitar. Great condition. Plays and sounds great. Cherryburst quilted maple top with rosewood fretboard. PayPal ok. Price is shipped
    The 2 black Dots by the controls are filled with acrylic when the mod for the Pre was installed.
    Serious Upgrades!
    This Lakland has Nordy pups and a John East UNI pre-amp. It also has upgraded Hipshot USA ultra light tuners and has magnets to keep cover on the back. It weighs right at 10lbs.

Deluxe
    Nut Width
    1.81"
    Nut Type
    Plastic
    Fret Size
    .041/.085"
    Width at Final Fret
    3.3"
    1st Fret Neck Depth
    .81"
    12th Fret Neck Depth
    .92"
    Fingerboard Radius
    10-13" (Compound)
    Scale Length
    35"
    Frets
    Bridge String Spacing
    .75"
    Neck Wood
    Flat-Sawn Maple with Graphite Reinforcement Bars
    Body wood(s)
    Ash
    Quilt Maple
    Fingerboard
    Rosewood with Dots
    Tuners
    Hipshot USA. Ultralites
    Truss Rod Access
    Neck Heel: 4mm Hex
    Pickguard
    Optional
    Controls
    John East UNI preamp.. UK
    Will come with a Brand New Fender FR620 Gigbag

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  2. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    The knobs are
    Vulume
    Balance
    Treble/with boost/cut
    Bass
    Mid/with boost/cut
    Mini toggle selects the poles on the MM pickup.
    There is also an active/passive knob that you can pull up and functions like a tone knob on a passive bass. The treble boost/cut knob also has an "ultra" high function when it's pulled out.

Pretty versatile.

3. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Amazing how basses get around via TalkBass. I bought this bass new from Brian Barrett at The Low End bass shop in 2010. I did most of the work on the bass myself. Installed the John East Preamp and the Nordstrand pickups. Also did a killer shielding job with copper foil in the control cavity and pickup cavities. Everything is centrally grounded and the bass is dead quiet! I made the waterslide decal on the back of the neck too. The two little black "dots" you see by the controls are from an installation of a Pope Flexcore preamp that had midrange selection switches. I didn't like the Pope and went with the East pre instead. I filled the holes and put some paint on them. Was going to make it a bass clef....but just never got around to it.

The bass was perfect when I sold it. I'm the type of guy who loves new things, so I typically buy a bass, play it, tinker with it, and sell it to fund my next project. I traded the bass to Rob Curcio for one of his Curcio Custom basses (which has since become my new project bass complete with USA Hipshots, East pre, and Nordy pickups....I'm seeing a pattern here).

This is an awesome instrument and I had the frets leveled and dressed shortly before I sold it by Rick Wilson of Moonshine Custom Guitars.

I still love this beauty. Played many great gigs with 'er. GLWS.

Here's what she looked like in her younger days (and me too!):
    17240094_10208686650669157_75935584725999975_o.

kwdhsk and Rapisme like this.
  4. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Trades+Cash.

Bass amp heads 500 watts class D’s or other 5’s. LMK!!
    MPG Level 5 very high on the list!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    RobertUI likes this.
  5. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Make offers Folks!

6. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME