Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW Pictures and Sound Clips of my NEW WARRIOR

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Jan 9, 2006.

1. The original pictures and a description of my new Warrior Signature 4 string can be seen here and here. The original sound clip I posted is here.

Now for those of you who have followed the saga, I have new pictures and sound clips.

The sound clip is here. The first part of it is just a slap tone that I have found so far. It is taking some time to adjust to the tonal possibilities and dial in some tones. I'm used to having J pickups (or a P at the neck), and it is taking some playing around to find my slap tone with the MM and no neck pickup. I like the slap tone, it is just different for me.

After the slap part I dial back to the bridge and add some mids for a fingerstyle tone and some tapping.

Finally, I dial up to the MM pickup and show the tone there. Nothing complex just some tone examples. The playing is sloppy. I stayed home from work sick on Friday and this was about all I could muster, but also about all of the free time I have had lately.

Here are the new pictures that a buddy of mine took for me. I am going to have him take some more like this. I feel like he was able to capture the color better than I have yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Nice pics!! I really want a Warrior!!!

:hyper:

3. I know they have gotten a shaky reputation around here, but this thing is THE BUSINESS. They had a few other Warrior's (all 5 string - I'm strictly a 4 string guy) in the shop when I got this, and I played them as well. All of them were top notch all the way. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I emailed a question to them the other day, and within a couple of hours the owner of the company called me with an answer. Nice service.

4. Sharp bass!! I love the contrast between the body wood and the knobs. Very Nice.

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    When I do get around to purchasing one, I'm going to his shop in Georgia (about 2 ~ 2 1/2 hours away)..

I've played a few... One I tried at NAMM (an Isabella model) which I was -very- disappointed in.. I tried another one (used 5 string) at a shop in Chattanooga which absolutely rawked!!

There are a couple I'm interested in out at Midwest Music but I can't get anyone to answer my damn emails!! :mad:

6. Midwest is where I got this one, and it's my local shop. Rusty is a great guy, just not very computer literate. He has somebody get the emails and tell him if they need to be answered. Call him at his shop (he is closed on Monday) at (513)631-8318. Ask for Rusty, and tell him Chris Rhoton sent you. He WILL give you a great deal. I think the inventory has changed a bit from what he has on the site, but I know he does have a couple of very nice 5'ers in there now if that is what you are looking for.

Also, if you talk to him and are interested in one specifically, I can go in and give it a play and give you a report. Rusty is a terrific guy and won't tell you something just to sell you a bass, he is honest. Like I said, tell him that I referred you on and he will treat you well. Between my father-in-law and I, we have dropped some serious cash at Rusty's place. All he carries is high-end, quality gear!

7. When I first saw it, I thought it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen, but I really dig the look now. It plays like a dream. It absolutely killed the Sadowsky, Lull, Suhr, Modulus, KSD, and others that were hanging there.

8. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Nice bass!

I like that pickup combination...that's the way I have my main bass set up most of the time (hb neck, sc bridge).

Marshall