1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Pigtronix pedals??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mmbongo, Mar 12, 2013.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I'm getting kinda jacked about the new Pigtronix pedals coming out. Especially the Envelope Phaser, I'm a sucker for envelope filters. They also have the Bass Fat Drive overdrive pedal, and a Compression pedal. Anybody used any of them?

2. aprod

aprod

Mar 11, 2008
    Not yet. They hit the shelves in April. But I did hook up my MXR Envelope filter and a Phase 90 with a pinch of OD and was pleasantly surprised. I'm not so GASed for the Pigtronix, well maybe a little.

3. lokibass

lokibass

Jan 31, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Endorsing Artist: Mono Cases www.monocase.com
    I ordered the philosophers bass and the bass envelope phaser through the shop I teach lessons at. They told me that min will be shipped by the beginning of next week. I'm super stoked about these pedals. I'm finally replacing my EH polyphase, on my pedal board for something a little newer.

4. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    I was excited until I saw the NAMM Doug Wimbish demo.

5. NoxNoctus

NoxNoctus The Crushinator

May 9, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    lol yeeeeeah. And I thought people who just slap and noodle the entire time were a bit much. I stand corrected

6. lokibass

lokibass

Jan 31, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Yeah I agree. He didn't really show how the philospher's bass compressor actually sounds. And what he did with the envelope phaser did show much either. The bass fat drive kind of took over his demo. But I still have two of them ordered and I'm still excited.

7. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    +1. Not a very good demo.

8. lokibass

lokibass

Jan 31, 2012
    Cincinnati
    It was more a demo of his ego than a demo of the pedals.

9. lokibass

lokibass

Jan 31, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Still waiting for my pedals to be shipped......

10. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I've been watching every day since some time in March when they were supposed to be out. Starting to lose hope.

11. lokibass

lokibass

Jan 31, 2012
    Cincinnati
    My guy at the shop is calling in Monday to see what the hold up is.

12. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    wwwwoooooooooooooo This site are tough on players.

13. lokibass

lokibass

Jan 31, 2012
    Cincinnati
    No, just people who don't make good demos of new products..... I would love to hear what each pedal can do and see how they are setup, not see someone's "slap" technique.

14. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I have the Philos. Bass and Rock pedals in for reviewing. I've only spent a very short time with each so far, but the initial take-away about the Ph. Bass is its action is like the Ph. Germ Gold with threshold mod described in that review. That's a good thing! The down side is the grit switch, which engages a guitar-solo distortion; good for when you want to get extreme sustain, bad for when you want to sound like a bass.

15. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Can't wait to read your full review on the new compressor, Bongo! I could give a rats arse about the grit switch. I've got grit pedals for that :)

16. lokibass

lokibass

Jan 31, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Just found out my philosophers bass and bass envelope philter are shipping sometime this week. Can't wait to get them and use them. I'm planning on making a YouTube review of each pedal...

17. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    I did the same, putting the Phase 90 through the FX loop on my Groove Regulator. Sounds really good. I'm still leaning towards getting the Mk. II full-size one.

18. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  19. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
  20. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    nice review by Bongo there, one Bongo link is worth a hundred celebrity youtubes..

I gotta say..that Doug Wimbish video was hilarious!
    i agree it was worthless too, as far as demo-ing the FX,
    but i somehow found myself watching the entire video, and liking the guy!
    .. he's hilarious,
    he's paid his dues, he can flex the ego a little..
    i think he's funny..the way he thinks his stuff is so unique and innovative.. but u gotta like the guy.
    i was incredibly curious about the pedals, and that vid didn't show me a single thing.