1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New place to meet women?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stingray2112, Jul 16, 2012.

1. I've done the bar scene, tried going on blind dates set up through friends and I really don't want to go to church to meet women (something about that just feels wrong). So where should I try to meet a woman? The problem is I'm one of the shyest and quiet people out there until I get to know someone. I don't have that much free time since I'm working two jobs and going to college full-time, so any suggestions?

2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Why not in class?

3. Class or at work tended to work for me.

If you are shy/want to get to know someone first, try internet dating? The first few conversations will be utter BS, but that's no different to when you first meet someone anyway :bag: .

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    If not in class, perhaps somewhere else on campus? Like a cafe, or a bookstore?
    What are some of your other interests?

5. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Why not give online a go? You can talk to tons of women without actually talking to them, which could give ya more confidence talking to gals and you'd still be talking to women, potentially even finding someone.

6. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Chat Roulette.

7. Big B.

Big B.

Dec 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    +1 for the bookstore. Especially for the quiet types. It's too easy for quiet people to get lost in the chaos of a bar. Bookstores allow for real conversation. I suggest hanging around a section you enjoy and look for women who are interested in the same subject. I love books about space exploration and evolutionary science and more than once I've met very intelligent and interesting women in the science section. As most people in my area are more likely to be in the 2 aisle religion section (science has 3 shelf sections:help:) I can almost be assured that any women looking at a book by Richard Dawkins or Carl Sagan is someone I can have a real conversation with.

8. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    LOL.

9. Rbryant

Rbryant

Jan 14, 2012
    A friend of mine is painfully shy and he met his wife online. I think he used match.com, but there are a ton of them out there to choose from. Oh I should mention that he and his girl dated for a about 5 years and finally got married a couple of years ago. They are happy as can be.

---
    R. Bryant
    RI charter bus

10. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    He said chicks not dicks :D

11. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Ive actually met two different girls on there within the last week or so.

Though, I did mention Chat Roulette in jest.

12. My classes are a cockfest. Not many women are interested in being a firefighter. As for internet dating I've always felt that I'm to young for that or that I'm giving up when I choose to do that. The bookstore isn't a bad idea tho.

13. You live that close to Richmond and can't meet women?

Richmond must have changed in the past 15 years.........

14. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    More and more younger people are using internet date sites these days, you'd be surprised!

15. I did it for quite a while. i never found a relationship, but I got laid. It was free, so I got my money's worth. okcupid.com

16. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Well, you play bass.
    I take it you are not in a band so go out to some blues jams or open mic's.

Woman are very open to talking to a guy that just stepped off stage.

17. I'm currently in a band. Most of the women I've talked to at our shows seem nice but I'm just really shy. I know I come off as arrogant or stuck up at times but I really am just shy. I guess I should get over my shyness.

18. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    the dump
    butcher's shop
    hide inside a mailbox and shout at passers by
    fly a kite
    pretend to choke in restaurants

19. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    I have always been shy around good looking woman.
    The thing I learned is to use it to your advantage.
    A lot of woman will step up their game and be more open to a shy man. You do not seem like a threat to them like a more forward guy.

If that fails, there is always CL :D

20. +1
    Isn't that why we all learned bass? ;) That's how I got most of mine ..... some in grocery stores too. Don't fondle the mellons without asking though.