1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Player 10 months in...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Already In Use, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Already In Use

Already In Use

Jan 3, 2010
    Well..I pretty much started right here about 10 months ago not being able to put 2 notes together. If its OK I just want to say...I can play songs from lead/fake chord sheets pretty good. I am currently playing about 70 songs...about 15 or so from recall. Fret board is known. Got chord structure pretty good. Solid start regarding music theory. Have played in a band for a bit and with a few good players just jamming. Done a few open mic events. Been thru 2 instrcutors. Dabbling in a bit of jazz(never imagined that), playing country, rock, some classic R&B and blue grass.

Not many folks to share with as the family & friends dont seem to get it.

The reality is I learned most everything myself much of it thru this site. LOTSA practice. I really need to find payers that just want to jam and have a god time. Most of our local ads are looking for gigging players. I work most weekends and cant do it. A good portion of those band s are metal bands. Not into metal.

Just needed to lay it out...toot the ole horn a bit. I feel good and owe everybody here another heart felt thanks.

The resources available here are extremely valuable. Great site...super folks.

Rock on!:bassist: AND thanks a whole bunch.:D