new player

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by fisheroony, Jul 11, 2002.

1. My son has just taken up the bass guitar and I am looking for a good instructional site on the web, preferably with pictures or video streaming (I have broadband) for him to learn from scratch...any suggestions
  2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    well.. welcome to you and your son. Right here is one of the best places to start looking. what kind of setup does your son have?? do you play at all?
    there are alot of different forums here that will help you and your son. I say look in the general instruction and technique forums to start learning more on playing. Good luck to you

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    yeah, you cant go wrong here!

i haven´t seen a good site with videos (maybe you should consider buying him some videos and books) is pretty much complete with some tools. is another site

but this is THE forum, please dont even try the other unfriendly-Unmoderated crappy forums.
  4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I think this will get more of a response in the General Instruction forum.

5. Listen

May 19, 2002
    This place is great for all your bassic bass needs and then some!

Survival 101
  6. joke

Sep 17, 2001
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You are deffinetly at the right site.

Not only does TalkBass have the most knowledgeable members Ive seen on any web forum, but it has the friendliest. We have great moderaters that do their job and do it well.

We're modest too!

Well anyways, back to topic, I dont know where you could find good videos, but I do know that private 1 on 1 lessons are better than any video.

With a video, he can hear what the teacher has to say, but the teacher cant hear what he has to say, or see if he is doing what he should be correctly.

With private lessons a teacher could instruct him, observe his actions, and advise him on how to do it better.

Good technique cant be achieved through watching a video, but bad technique can really be detrimental.

Well thats just my 2 cents.