Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new post

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by shwashwa, Jul 15, 2005.

1. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    hey guys, my new post has been added to the page. its a medium swinger. please have a listen and let me know what you think! (it's now listed under my real name: steve swanson)

2. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow.

Your soloing is outstanding. Very Lafaro... but different in your own way obviously.

3. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    wow, the compliments cant get much better than that one.... i will now try to exit the room, but my head my not fit through the door!!

4. shwashwa, I tried to find your post on the sampler....is it under another name? You say N/A under your profile....
    I'd like to hear you...can you tell me how?
    I dropped you a PM too.

5. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    it's now under my real name: steve swanson :)

6. Steve, I thought I listened, and posted some compliments on Owens Lullaby when you first posted it. I couldn't find it though.
    You sound just great! Sounds like you got it all. Your bass sound is really full on the bottom with plenty spread and the notes on the E string flower beautifully. Great chops with no need to over-play. Your solo makes use of the upper and lower registers.
    What can I say....great!
    One thing I would like to ask is....would you mind filling out your profile? It'd be nice to know something about you. Age, and where you are.

7. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    thanks paul, but i remember your nice words from owen's lullabye. i posted the swing tune now, kiyomi's garden... did you get a chance to hear that one yet?

8. Yeah, just finished listening. I love your playing!
    Many fast players have the ability to go up the fingerboard with the help of gravity. I like the way you move down the board and use cross fingerings on the way. Also, I enjoy your lyrical bendings of notes. Red Mitchell always colors his solos beautifully by bending notes and using his left hand fingers to play triplets and down-slurs. Nice colors! Your time playing is very hip and you clip the notes to make more colors in your time playing.

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Sure you're not just saying that because the guy bench-presses Buicks? :eyebrow:

Steve,

I'll chime in on that thread when I get to a faster connection.I'm sure the new one will be every bit as satisfying as the other one!

10. Bring it on, cats

11. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    i laughed out loud on that one!

12. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    How else can you find a parking spot in NY?

13. How come everybody knows so much about steve and I know nothing?
    Did I miss a thread somewhere or what?
    There's not a damn thing in his profile.

14. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Early on, there was a pic of SHWASHWANEGGAR on TB, maybe on his avatar? No that's not right, it was probably in the "What do we look like?" thread. I dunno....anyway, he pretty much looks like he could do a top removal on his own bass, barehanded.

15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    If you check out his band's site (google "Groove Apparatus,") there are pictures on there.

Can't say I'd disagree about the top-removal comment! :eek:

16. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Man I checked it out too. I loved it. Both the ballad and the swing are awesome, and your soloing is really hip.