Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New posting rules?????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dragonbass, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Ok...
    Now I know that this really shouldn't be posted here, but this seems to be where most of the traffic is so here goes......

What exactly is allowed to be posted?????

-Adrian's Nordstrand post was locked, because he sells them, but yet they are his personel basses. Who cares if he decides to sell them somewhere down the road...this is better for all of us....no-one has to wait to get one!

-There was a post for F-bass reviews from Harmony Central...this was also closed!

-There is a post from Ken Smith concerning tuner placement for his 5's....wouldn't that be considered Spam?
    Shouldn't it be closed to? (Ken, I'm not looking to pick on you but, these rules don't work in anybodies favor)

What the hell is happening to TB?

It use to be such a cool site to surf, where regular everyday bass loving players could actually talk about gear and to the builders themelves....but now with all the BS, and having to watch what you say...it's turning out to be more annoying than anything.

This is just my opinon and I'm sure more than a couple of people agree with me!

Rob

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I,d have to agree SOMEWHAT. Adrians post really wasn't doing anythign. and for that matter he'll probably never be able to post any of his new basses again because well, He is a distributor for many of the high-end dealers whos basses he buys. Same for Ken, I guess TECHNICALLY he shouldn't have posted that, but I think it's a very legit thread.

The F bass one however was trolling, and just poitless. Based on all the feedback F gets around he should have just disregarded that 1 or 2 reviews.

3. Hey Rob,

Thanks for standing up for what you believe in. Thats shows a lot of character to hang your balls out there, and tell whats in your head and on your heart.

Even though this will also soon be closed.

4. I agree that the new rules may seem kinda lame and restricting but I went and read Paul's reasoning in Adrian's thread and although it might seem unfair, it's legit and makes sense. Like Paul said in there - There is always the suggestion box in "Paul's Shack" to post your opinions and suggestions on how it should be fixed.

5. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    From now on...I'll post all Adrian's bass. :eek: :D

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Ken is following an exception of the NCUP.

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    The Fbass thread was trolling -- did you even bother reading it?

AG's thread...ehhhh, I'm not a fan of what happened there, but I can see why -- while AG WOULDN'T just toss these basses up for sale again after using the topic to subtly advertise them, the rules are the rules. Let someone else start the topic.

As for Ken Smith's thread, he was asking a question -- what the players want. He was by no means advertising.

Read the new rules, read the threads, and post in the right forums. Then we won't have bunk like this in the Basses forum, where we could have more pictures of Nordstrands, Fbasses, and Foderas to drool over.

EDIT: It's also not exactly best to openly question the actions of mods. If you're THAT curious, PM them.

8. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    I don't think it would be cost effective for dealers to pull new stock out of their inventory into their personal collection and then try try to sell it as used but I do see where Paul is going with it.

9. I agree which is what kinda made me think "why?" but I to see where he is going with it and it makes sense.

10. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    "
    EDIT: It's also not exactly best to openly question the actions of mods. If you're THAT curious, PM them.
    "

Well we gotta keep it a democracy within reason (a tyrannic TB would be no fun). The original poster could have used some more appropriate/polite wording/language however...

11. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    I wasn't looking for this to get out of hand I just was really wanting to know what others thought about it.

My apologies to Ken...I must have missed the part about input.

As for the F bass post.....I did READ it and I still don't see the issue. I think it was kinda nice to see a different side to some of the reviews. I mean not ever review is going to be good.

12. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.

How so?

I don't see anything wrong with anything I've written.
    I wasn't rude, putting anybody down, or cursing.

13. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    I re-read the Rules VERY Carefully b4 posting tonight. I even asked for help from the Mods with the Pics. They had all the right to Delete, Close or Let it Fly.

I have a real Question to All Bass players and that's all. I am not looking to sell Basses here. We have plenty of business and welcome more but I usually do my Advertising in Magazines and my Website which has been Deleted from My Signature with my expressed request to comply with the 'New" rules of TB.

I am very careful not abuse the Rules of posting to any advantage of Business. If you know me, then you know I do what I like with my Basses and not what others do. I am just asking a simple question that can include all Bassists regardless of their Financial Budget for Basses.

I also educate many about history and building techniques as well.. For Free !!!!!

I agree that sometimes people come up here with good intentions but crosses the line between Advertising and Interest.. I have had a run-in or two myself and accept the rulings of the Mods which by the way.. are fantastic people.. TB is an extension of our musical family... BTW.. Who's picking up the check tonight....lol

14. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    :bag:

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Govithoy pretty much answered all of the questions.

There is a thread discussing the new commercial user policy here, so I am closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.