1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Power Amp Suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jaycephas, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Jaycephas

Jaycephas Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    Fellas, I'm getting an Alembic F-1X soon and need a solid power amp. Any experience with either the QSC1800HD or the Behringer Europower 2500? Both appear to be good amps in their price range though heavy. This is not the "end all, be all " amp...I just need a dependable power base to start with.

Thanks!

2. Jaycephas

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    Okay, after searching the forum, I realize the QSC RMX or PLX are both great, but nothing on the Behringer.

Any comments on this amp?

3. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    we use 3 of the EP series amps. 2 2500's in our PA and a 1500 in my bass rig. I have been using the EP1500 since it first came out. It has been solid and reliable (as have our 2 EP2500's)

4. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    QSC PLX2402. Less than 25 lbs. Lots of power. I use it with an F1-X. Sounds great and lets me run as many cabs as I need with plenty of headroom. If you ever wanted to go with ACME 210s (very inefficient), it's more than enough to run a pair.

5. Jim Dombrowski

Jim Dombrowski Gold Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Look into the Stewart World 1.2 and World 1.6. Plenty of power and light weight.

6. Jaycephas

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    Pulled the trigger on a QSC RMX 1850HD. Thanks for the feedback.