1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new pre for btb556

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MargoBaggins, Sep 8, 2008.

1. MargoBaggins

MargoBaggins

Sep 8, 2008
    Leeds, UK
    hi everyone.

I managed to get an ibanez btb556 quite cheeply, i am going to pick it up on thursday. its equipped with the bartolini mk1 pups and pre. i have read a fair bit about this, and the pre is apparently a bit rubbish, so are the pups to to a certain degree (apparently?).

I was wondering what would be a good substitute? I have looked at the obvious, a bartolini ntmb 5 pot configuration - but i was wondering if there would be anythign else suitable?

been looking also at aguilar and nordstrand?

any feedback would be appreciated.

2. rpatter

rpatter Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    I had a BTB1005 and tried both the USA made Bartolini and the Demeter with the stock pickups. The Bartolini was an improvement over the stock Ibanez preamp, but the Demeter was quite a bit better. It sounded huge. I'm sure the Aguilar would sound good as well.

Ralf

3. MargoBaggins

MargoBaggins

Sep 8, 2008
    Leeds, UK
    im not familiar with Demeter. do you per chance have any model numbers? thanks for your reply :)

4. rpatter

rpatter Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Round Rock, TX