New preamp for GT7

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bradjonesbass, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Bartolini 4.5 pre should arrive today! Looks to be a direct swap with some minor pickup lead soldering and desoldering the included output jack so I can use the stock locking neutrik jack. Anybody else done this swap? Is it as easy as it looks? BTW, I solder circuit boards for flight controls for a living, so the soldering will be pretty routine for me, other than not having access to my good irons at work...

Preamp installed, but now I'm trying to figure out the pickup wiring. 4.5 pre with active/passive switch. Vol/Blend/Bass/Treble... Two wires from each pickup, a red and a black. I am pretty sure these are US Bart pickups. I know the black go to their corresponding place on the blend knob. Where do the red go?

2. Any help???

3. ZekeO

ZekeO

Jan 13, 2009
    How did this swap go? I have a GT7 too and it's sooo obvious the electronics are inadequate.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021