Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Pretty Pastel Bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Smallequestrian, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Went to the guitar show with too much money in my pocket...that can only mean one thing. I must have looked at every fretless at the show. I walked by this one three times before I picked it up, because I knew if i did I would have to buy it. I now am the proud owner of a Burgandy Mist Fretless Stingray 5. Combined with my Dragonfly Green Reverend I now have the most pastel pair of bases on Talkbass. Didn't really set out for this kinda pastel collection, but oh well. Now to get rid of those horrible slinkys its strung with! Question, would a pearl guard be overboard?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bonus! now with birdseye
    [​IMG]

2. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    I told you they would look great together. Congratulations! Good to see you again today.

3. vincentpghpa

vincentpghpa

Apr 24, 2004
    What is birdseye? Why those dimples in the back?

4. I'm a big fan of pearloid, but I'm not sure on that color. How about a mirror pickguard? Or maybe black pearloid?

5. Sergio

Sergio

Apr 7, 2004
    Lafitte, LA
    I second the black pearloid. Or perhaps abalone of some sort?

6. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    Thats a beautiful ray, love the colour. Birdseye maple is a figuring in the wood where theres clusters of knots.

7. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    You need to see that bass in person before making suggestions on changing it up. It looks incredible up close. I'm one of the first to start changing p/gs on a bass, but I don't think I would change a thing on that one.

8. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Gotta go with Mobay; don't change it.

9. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    Birdseye Maple Is a wood.....they arent dimples ;)

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Problem: The pickup on that bass is WHITE, and would look like a HUGE ZIT with a dark pickguard.

:spit:

I'd stick with white or white pearloid, looks classy with that finish anyhow.

:)