1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD NEW PRICE....1997 Pedulla Thunder Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Koog, May 27, 2016.

1. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    Price:
    $1925
    Strings:
    1997 Pedulla ET 5 Thunder Bass

SOLD!

Great example of Michael Pedulla's expertise on five string basses. Very big, punchy tone. B string is the best I have heard or played.

This bass has been played, so it is not a show room instrument, but the wear is honest and it has not been abused. Recently checked out and set up by master luthier Andrew Drake. Action is low and it plays smooth as smooth can be. Now wearing D'Addario Chromes ECB81-5....45, 65, 80, 100, 132.

Specs:

• Neck through construction
    • Neck and center block are 5 piece construction, alternating with Maple and Purpleheart
    • 34" scale
    • Body is Maple
    • Top is nicely figured Cocobolo
    • Bartolini pups with Pedulla proprietary Thunderguts
    • Controls are V, Blend, T, B, with the toggle to activate the Thunderguts
    • 19 mm spacing at the bridge
    • Recessed Dunlop strap locks
    • Weighs in at about 9.6 pounds
    • Original Pedulla hard shell case....similar to G&G rectangular cases....nothing broken, no tears, in 8/10 condition.
    I have and will include the Pedulla truss rod wrench. When I received the bass, it had (awful looking) jeweled control knobs. I installed wooden ones. They are pictured.

The one noticeable wear spot is on the upper horn, adjacent to the strap lock to the inner side. Someone probably used a strap with an abrasive surface at some time. This spot is pictured.

New price is 1,925 USD, shipped insured CONUS. I prefer PayPal. I will work with international buyers, but shipping, applicable taxes, and duty are your responsibility.

I am making room for a new custom five from Andrew Drake, so.....No trades, please.

Please start a private conversation to ask questions or communicate with me about buying this bass.

Photos follow....Thanks for looking.

Koog

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.JPG 6.jpg 7.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. modulusan

modulusan

Sep 8, 2006
    I think he uses bubinga for the neck stripes...Good luck, looks great.

3. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    This is a beautiful ET-5 (ET = Exotic Top). The ET also has the Upgraded neck which is a 5 piece. Someone is getting a Great bass at about 1/3 of what they sell for now.

4. Lovep

Lovep Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    My old bass!! This bass sounds incredible!! GLWTS!!

5. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    Sold. Thanks, Richard!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021