1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD New price: G&L Modern Jazz 5 - Blonde With Matching Headstock, Ebony FB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jimtoonz, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Jimtoonz

Jimtoonz Gold Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Price:
    $1150
    Strings:
    This is a 2016 G&L MJ-5 in Tele blonde over ash body with matching headstock. For those unfamiliar with this model, it utilizes G&L's "bi-coil" alnico pickups (no hum) with a three band boost/cut active circuit. It features a number of production options including ebony fingerboard, and quartersawn neck. It has a great, fast action and solid B-string. Condition is "near-mint". Weight is 8.2lbs. and standard G&L hard case is included as shown in the photo. There are no dings, surface scratches, etc. - it has been played very little and never gigged. $1,150 shipped to the "lower 48".

ng9cxnladwiia7vimkic. q5c827r46gdjf2xdfbdy. qoo5f6q35mmyvuezkysz. tzf0yuxmj7jhtikae6ge. e4h0n9vzmfogy4pcbxpx. x3tsmyb6cqqsvi1yrnlj.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. stringthrough

stringthrough Supporting Member

Weight, pls

3. Jimtoonz

Aug 26, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    The place where I bought it listed the weight at 8.1lbs. I get slightly more than that (8.2). I have another MJ-5 with an empress body at 7.7lbs. and this one doesn't feel too much different on a strap.

4. jgolfer

jgolfer

Sep 21, 2006
    NC
  5. Fragile Thunder

Fragile Thunder self-proclaimed Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Central NY
    I have an MJ4 and it is an amazing instrument. So fast and even tone at every spot on the fret board. G&L really knocked it out of the park with these basses.

Jimtoonz likes this.
  6. Jimtoonz

Aug 26, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks, that's a nice bass, but not exactly my "cup of tea".