Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Primus album in the works!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by trog, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Neat, but primus has sort have been 'back' for a while now. I'm going to re-title this thread.

2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
  3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

+1!

4. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    Boo to you! -1.

5. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    No no! Primus sucks!

Excellent news :D

6. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Wahey, new album, cant wait for it..

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

You're clearly not an old school Primus fan. :smug:

8. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Crickey, it's been 10 years since Tales From the Punchbowl... man I'm gettin' old.

9. Deadworks

Deadworks

Dec 13, 2004
    St.Louis, MO
    I think I'm more excited about hearing lur on the new album than les. I'm not downing les or anything but lur was always my favorite part of the band.

10. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    Damn! I completely forgot that "Primus sucks" is their motto. F.

I'll admit, though, that I've only been a fan of theirs for the past few years. I'm still kind of a youngin'.

11. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Sweet! Can't wait to hear it.

:bassist:

12. Maybe they'll add some substance to their music.

13. Primus does suck

Can't wait!

14. :bassist: I would have replied earlier, but I had a mess to clean up when I first read it. Outstanding!! Within the next week I will be posting my pics of the Primus show in Chicago on the 23rd. It was excellent!! Although I tried my damnedest to to an up-close shot of his rig, I failed horribly. But I will say that he is using an all ampeg rig now, as opposed to the SVT 3 and mesa cabs. From what I witnessed, he was using 2 or 3 4x10's matched by 2 115 cabs, with a seperate SVT head for each. No intel on his effects board. So keep your eyes open in the bassists thread all you Primus heads, I have some pics coming. :bassist:

15. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    The ampeg rig is what he was using at all good with his fancy band. That was the first time I saw claypool play live, and i was very very happy. I got claypool and woot on the same weekend... yeah, it was sweet

i cant wait for the new primus album. :hyper:

16. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I was over waiting for the pixies when primus was playing on the 23rd, but they were just the stage over, and I yelled "Primus SUCKS!" and a young thing next to me said, "Be nice." and I said "..."

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, all these new fans don't know that old motto: Truth be told, I think Claypool is getting sick of it. This guy in the crowd yelled it 14 times in a row between songs, and Claypool was like, "Yes, I heard you, very nice."

18. reitedasc

reitedasc

Jun 23, 2005
    Norway
    Yeah, and they changed their url to primusville.com ... urk! Can´t wait to get the new album!