1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Primus Album

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Steve9842008, May 4, 2010.

1. Steve9842008

Steve9842008

Jul 20, 2008
  2. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos

May 22, 2009
    Virginia
    *Joy*

3. Askanios

Askanios

Jul 28, 2009
    YESSS!!!!

4. Teeeeeeeeeh. I'd like to see what Les brings to the table nowadays. After hearing some of his solo work, I'm not sure how new Primus would sound for me.

:] Still very, very happy about this though

5. Broadbent

Broadbent

Mar 28, 2007
    Can someone Confirm if Herb is playing drums?!?! I heard he left.

6. Steve9842008

Steve9842008

Jul 20, 2008
    Jay Lane is back on drums.

7. XXL

XXL Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2007
    I wonder if it will be more like Sausage with out Todd than Primus without Herb?

8. jasonmasters

jasonmasters

Dec 18, 2008
    Oregon
    Gahhhh, no oregon or washington dates? =(

9. Awesome. I thought I would never hear another Primus album. This is great news.
    I still listen to Frizzle Fry and Seas of Cheese a lot. I'm definitely anxious to hear what it's
    going to sound like.

10. SpasticFingers

SpasticFingers

Mar 2, 2010
    I don't know why - perhaps its because its their last album - perhaps because I didn't start listening to it until a couple of years after it was released, but of all their albums, AntiPop is the one that I can still listen to on a regular basis and enjoy. The others were favorites of mine in the past, but Antipop somehow has more staying power for me. I believe its because the album is more varied in terms of musical styles from track-to-track then the others (perhaps due to the guest producers on several tracks).

11. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos

May 22, 2009
    Virginia
    You are one of the few people I've known to admit to enjoying Antipop. Most people look at it as Primus' worst album.

I acutally enjoy it and think it is an underrated album.

12. jpTron

jpTron

Apr 19, 2010
    NJ
    Sweet, a Brooklyn date

13. GregJ13

GregJ13

Nov 22, 2009
    Arkansas
    Herb left? What a bummer.

14. SpasticFingers

SpasticFingers

Mar 2, 2010
    I know I'm in the minority, but since first hearing it I've always liked it better than Tales From The Punch Bowl or The Brown Album, THOSE are two albums that I'm not entirely thrilled with - very uneven.

... and in reply to the other recent post - I'm also in Brooklyn, but I don't think I'll be able to attend. :meh:

15. Steve9842008

Steve9842008

Jul 20, 2008
    Well, Les said Primus was always him and Ler. Herb didn't like playing with them, wasn't happy, etc etc whatever. Sucks, Herb is freaking insane behind the kit.

Les's favorite drummer to play with is Jay though, so that says a lot.

I'll be going to the Vegas show. Seeing Rush that same night at the MGM Grande and then running over the special midnight Primus show at The Joint.

16. acid bass

acid bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2010
    x2, although both do have some great songs.

Seas of Cheese is still my favorite of all time.

17. fantastic, the wife just told me about this today. I was telling her how amazing a new album would be. AND a Columbus Ohio date, score!

18. Word up.

+ 1 to the Ohio date!

19. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I'm with you- AntiPop is all I listen to anymore. The other stuff if it comes up on Random I'll just press "Next", 99% of the time.

20. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I saw Les at Coachella and for me it was the highlight of the weekend. Amazing cello player playing burning leads with distortion and a kickass vibes players. I hadn't seen Les play in probably 15 years and it was outstanding!