1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New ProAudio store on the block

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by musicelectronix, Apr 29, 2009.

1. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    I am not sure if this is allowed. If not, please move/delete or do whatever else is appropriate. Hereby, I declare that I have no affiliation with the store what so ever; other than being a happy customer.

I recently came to an understanding that small businesses are on the rise again. Especially the niches what I would consider "specialty products", which includes audio equipment. In other words, everybody can sell only one type of product (after proper training) or general consumer goods (without any training). But for a business to be successful in selling musical equipment, they need to know what they are selling better than us. That doesn't mean they should know every detail, but there is this thing I call "professional culture". It is a state of ultimate experience of a person (or a business) who worked with/operated/used many similar units; so whenever a new thing comes up, they still could "understand" it and be able to operate it on the go. This is true in many forms. For example, if I am a graphic designer who always uses CorelDraw, I would adapt to Photoshop fairly easily. Or if you are used to pedals, you wouldn't need to read a manual to use an overdrive, per se.

That is why I have been prefering small businesses for my specialty needs for some time. Very recently I stumpled upon an online store: www.zenproaudio.com . I haven't heard of it before, but I liked the general "feel" of it (For example; instead of list price vs. OUR MEGA SUPER LOW PRICE, they quoted this non-sense as fake price vs. real price). So I did a little research and found out it is owned by one of the ex-partners of a relatively big (meaning dealing with large volumes) proaudio dealer. I contacted the guy and I find out he has the knowledge, the right attitude (professional and sincere) and the right prices. He worked with me to the end and even ship out their house blend of coffee with my order (which is a lighter blend with a hint of fruit aroma). I also found out he is one of the regulars of a very popular proaudio forum, which is my main source of information about studio gear.

Anyway, I just wanted to get it out there. I am sure there are people out there shares my point of view and looking for a proaudio store of such value.