1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New project. P bass mutt!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tinman 1967, May 14, 2015.

1. tinman 1967

tinman 1967

Mar 6, 2010
    Just wanted to share a pic of my new project I just finished this morning. Bought a early 2000s Japanese capri orange body a while back from a forum member, then a few weeks back, I found an early 2000s American neck from another member.(both of wich are stand up guys).I put a Gotoh B201 bridge, an American neck plate, and a aged perloid pickguard. Received my EMG GZR pickups last night, and set her up with a brand new set of chromes. Never owned a P before, what the hell was I thinking? She is most likely gonna be my favorite! image.

2. ericdanger13

ericdanger13

Oct 30, 2012
    Danbury Ct
    LOVE THE COLOR

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Damn fine lookin neck ya got there.

tinman 1967 likes this.
  4. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

Looks great with maple and pearloid. Glad you're loving it as much as I once did!

tinman 1967 likes this.
  5. tinman 1967

tinman 1967

Mar 6, 2010
    Wondering
    wondering how long it would take for you two turkeys to chime in.. Thanks guys, it was a snap to set up. Captain, the neck is beautiful! Just a Little tweak of the rod , just a tiny bit of relief. She plays beautifully! Thanks again guys, know that she is in good hands!

6. tinman 1967

tinman 1967

Mar 6, 2010
    Empty Cell, the body is beautiful! With that maple board, it kind of looks like a big old creamsickle! She's a keeper.

tuba_samurai likes this.
  7. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    Hot. And cool. Very nicely put together...made to be enjoyed for a lifetime!

tinman 1967 likes this.
  8. preside

preside

Aug 7, 2010
    Scottsdale Az
    Great now I want a Creamsicle :D That thing is a looker. I'm in the same spot as you , got a P last year after 30 years of playing and am pissed because I waited so long :bassist:

tinman 1967 likes this.