1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New pups finally in! :)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Groovin_Joe, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Hey all.

I just installed a set of Nordstrand NJ5Fs into my '01 MIM Jazz.

And well… they are amazing. SOOOO different than the originals. Bite and growl, with tonnes of clarity. They changed my mind about selling the bass as the B string output was weak and unfocused before, even with setting it up. These are amazing!

I also took the shine off the back of the neck and did a full setup again.

WOW… this bass has been sitting in the case for about 5 months since I got a MIA P-bass, but now it will come back out for sure.

I am so happy with these, and can't wait to gig with them soon. :hyper::hyper::bassist:

Anyone else have these?

2. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    Don't have those but have Nordstrands SE's in my Corvette Fretless and NJ4's in my MTD Grendel 4. I have gone through a lot of pickups but Nordstrands are my favorite. Presently on the look out for a set of NJ4SV's. If I ever went back to playing 5 string then I would definitely spring for another set of Nordstrands. Have to agree about the bite and growl with lots of clarity.