1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Purchase (It's a While Since I Bought a Bass)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Some of you that know me, know that I was changing basses like changing underwear for many years. About 2 years ago, I found my "dream basses". Two Bossa basses. They were (and still are) pretty much everything I was looking for from a looks, play-ability and most of all, tone perceptive.

I dare I say.............here it comes..........that I have been Fenderless for almost two years now! GASP! There I said it!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

So I caught the Fender bug again and have been looking at P basses. After trying to figure out what to get, I settled on an American Special P in Candy Apple Red.

Here goes another thing I hate admitting. I bought it via mail order, but the music shop is only 40 miles from me. Why do you ask? I bought it through Amazon and because of Amazon being in the middle of the deal, I don't have to pay sales tax (even though I am in the same state). If there is an issue with the bass, I can still take it back to the shop.

Back to the bass that I bought. What say you? I love the idea of a P with a slimmer (front to back), satin finish neck and the 70's logo on the headstock (my personal favorite logo).

And the greasebucket? Sounds like a great idea on paper. I can always swap that out if I don't dig that.

I know the bridge is the old standard one, but I have a Gotoh hi-mass sitting around not doing anything and if I hate the tuners, they can be swapped down the road.