Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New QSC PLX1602 for $599! at web site

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jondiener, Aug 21, 2003.

1. jondiener

jondiener Guy in the corner, looking at his phone on break. Supporting Member

Like many here, I've been looking for a used PLX1602, but haven't had much luck landing one - either too much $$$ or outbid. Here's a site I found today that sells them new for $599.67! Check it out: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=245-665&scqty=1

The page says the list price, but if you click 'Add to Cart', you get the $599 price.

Hope this is of interest to someone.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

jon - I'd reco getting a price quote, using that price, from Life-Effects Pro Audio - http://www.life-effects.citymax.com/page/page/267785.htm

I couldn't beat Life-Effects' quote on my 1602, (including Lord Valve) and I looked at about every place I could find online. They may/may not beat it, but it can't hurt to try.

3. jondiener

Thanks, rickbass! I'll check them out.

BTW, when I get a PLX1602, it will be paired up with my recently aquired Aguilar DB659 and 2 Aguilar GS112 cabs.

How do you like your combination 659 w/PLX?

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

At first, it came out very "rock & rolly"....nothing wrong with that but it had way more top end emphasis than I expected since the Ag's look so "old skool."

Then I recently emphasized the 659's bass controls, put in some mids, and boosted my basses' bass controls/p;ickups and it went all " Motown-creamy" on me.

The 1602 and the 659 is a wonderful combo, IME. I don't say that because that's what I use most of the time....I say that because an Aguilar and a QSC just seem to "love each other" as long as your bass technique is respectable.

Gear doesn't make you sound fine - technique makes you sound fine.

5. jondiener

Boy, ain't THAT the truth!!

Well, I'm looking forward to the 659/PLX experience - it should work nicely for what I do.

I'll use both Ag 112 cabs for the wedding band & rock gigs, and just 1 of the cabs for my jazz gigs (with an NS Designs CR-4M EUB.)

Thanks again for your 'input'.

6. monkfill

monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    Yeah, $599 is $20 too much for a new one shipped.

7. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Also, a PLX2402 is just $799, a 3002 is $899 and
    a 3402 is $1048...

8. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
  9. jondiener

Yeah, I tried QSCredtag, but no 1604s in stock right now.

However, I did find this place in Pittsburgh: http://www.northernsound.net/Sales/PowerAmps/ampsframe.html . With their "2 stars (20%) discount off their M.A.P. price, it comes out to $569.99 for a PLX1604. Not bad!

I haven't talked to Life-Effects Pro Audio yet, but they should be able to match or beat that price!

Peace out,

10. wushuguy

wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Is there anything wrong with the amps on qscredtag? Why are they so cheap?

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Straight from the QCS Redtag site.........

Welcome to QSCREDTAG.COM, where you can buy quality pre-owned QSC products at wallet-saving prices.

Available quantities of all items on this site are limited and will vary from day to day. Click on a product category below to browse what's currently available.

Each unit offered for sale has been tested and verified to meet or exceed published specifications and our own high standards for safety, reliability, and performance. Each one also carries our unwavering commitment to service and quality, backed by a one-year limited warranty.

All goods are sold on an as-is basis, payable only by Visa or MasterCard. All sales are final. These products may be scratched, scuffed, faded, aged, and/or earlier versions of current production models.

-Mike

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    wushguy.....anytime.

Can I perhaps book a dinner reservation, or check movie times for you as well? :)

-Mike

13. wushuguy

wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I followed the link to the site, looked around, and believe I found everything but the homepage.

14. monkfill

monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    Yeah, except nothing in the RMX or PLX series is ever available.

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey monkfill.........

The reason nothing is ever available is the site is not functioning properly right now.

I spoke with a person at QSC. The website crashed a couple days after it was launched. The person who administers the site is on vacation. I was told it should be functional by Tuesday. However, on Friday I called to ask about shipping prices, and I was told then that it would be two weeks until you could buy from the site.

Just for your info, all the redtag prices include shipping! Yes, they include ground shipping. You can pay more for air if you desire.

I hope that helps.

-Mike

16. monkfill

monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    Oh well, I just bought a new PLX 1602 from Lord Valve a couple weeks ago. . .