Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW:Question about a setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Happy MurphDay, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    Hi everyone, first off i want to say that im new to the board, im in a heavy rock band, when i first started playing all i knew exsisted was ampeg and hartke, i had a b2r and a hartke 4x10, a cheap entry level setup, but i was new to the music world, ive been playing for 5 years but never put much thought into upgradeing my equip, but i need more power, i bought a eden wt 1000, 115-d and 410t, all pre-USMC. i am wondering what you guys A think of it, and B what would you use for a preamp, and C would you change the current setup, i was wondering if the navigator would be a decent choice, or if i should get a aguilar db 659. i spent a total of 1300 on the cabs and amp,and i want to make the best out of it, any resposes would be greatly appreaceated
    thanks

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    my experience is NOT extensive, but I'm bored and like to try and help. eden stuff is usually great and VERY flexible for tone, the preamps that is. navigator would be nice if you want an all eden system. lately I've been VERY impressed with tech21 stuff both guitar and bass gear. There is a new bass preamp called the RPM coming out in april maybe give that a try. if you like alot of different settings and maybe play guitar too try the tech 21 psa-1 it is a programmable rack unit for guitar and bass, but its NOT digital effects, just tone and distortion.

hope that helps

3. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    I don't have much experience with many preamps but for many years now I have owned an Eden WT 800 and two 410 XLT cabs and cannot ask for more. I love the tone I get out of my Eden gear. The EQ is very flexable and responsive. I would get the Navigator pre but everyone has an idea of the tone they want to hear so, try as many preamps as you can before you decide.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You don't need that nice of a pre-amp (Eden, Aggie) for a heavy rock band. Why do you want a pre-amp anyway?

I played the same style of music for two years. I used a BBE 383 with my Crown power amp, and never had a tone problem.

Oh yeah...to answer your "A" question.....I think that rig is awesome. I used nearly the same thing. You won't have any volume issues, and you can rattle pictures off the walls easily.

-Mike