1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Radiohead album due out this year

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by groovejam, Jul 19, 2007.

1. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    Anyone else going nuts waiting for this?
    They are masting the album now and it should be out by the end of this year.
    They have been working on it on and off now for 3 years and I am expecting something great.

The band claims it is going to be much more guitar/bass/drums based than recent albums. Anyone heard any of the new songs live? I'm really looking forward to "Bangers n' Mash".

Easily one of the best bands of the last 20 years.

2. thebassist1234

thebassist1234

Feb 12, 2006
    I'm thinking that it is going to be alot like The Bends. If you want any Kid A-esque stuff, check out Thom Yorke's solo project, really cool stuff. Its not quite the same but still very good.

A few clips:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-lAOXr10joo

3. very cool i gotta check that out.

im looking foward to the new album as well. should be wicked.

4. Aree you serious 'bout this? I respect Radiohead and what they've done but they're not as good as IMO to be one the best bands,

5. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    Very serious. I'm not a super crazy radiohead fan either.

Obviously everyone has thier taste in music, but Radiohed have covered alot of ground and really created thier own sound. They have "reinvented" themselves more than once without totally sounding like a different band.

Thom Yorke likes hip-hop and Jonny Greenwood is an award winning classical composer as of recent. They have taken very produced electronic music from an album and turned it into a "rocking" live performance.
    Yet thier music is cohesive in its combination of genres, unlike some other bands where it is more of a hodge-podge.
    I could go on and on

And dispite being one of the more popular alternative bands in the world they are a class act. None of them act like Paris Hilton yet none of them are "pretentiously private."

6. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    OK Computer is my fave of theirs. in my top ten ever.

Plus, I saw Thom Yorke having a pint at the Turf Tavern in Oxford. :cool: