Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new range of effects from Behringer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by baggpuss, Aug 4, 2005.

1. baggpuss

baggpuss

May 28, 2003
    Hull, UK
    Any thoughts... anyone used one yet... in the uk you can get em for about £12.. ( $20 ish ) including delivery.. They do a Bass chorus, Bass O/D, Bass EQ, and a Bass Limiter.. all the same price.... :hyper:

but on the other hand.. they are Behringer. :bag:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

3. PaulF

PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    I didn't think they'd been released yet - have you seen anywhere in the UK that's got them 'in stock' ??

4. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
  5. £12?

i may get one to see what its like then hit it repeatedly with a hammer :D

6. I won't be keeping an eye on this thread...cause its about berhinger

7. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    they have plastic casing, rather than metal cases like digitech and boss.....meaning they'll fall apart in no time

8. i am interested to see how they stand up to the other brands...i won't buy them, but i'm still interested!

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You do realize laptops are plastic, so are some mutli-fx, it doesn't matter WHAT they're made out of, it matters how they're made.

10. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    These guys sure don't make it easy do they? :D

11. I'll agree with this, just like alot of rack cases are make out of plastic (SKB and Gator to name the better known), there are even weapons being used by military forces that are plastics

However, it completelly depends on it, i doubt that behringer will use a high quality high density polymer, probably some molded polystyrene :p

12. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Exactly- and of the 5 items that were made them that I owned, all were junk. I'd steer clear of them, unless you are a hobbyist.

Ted

13. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    I don't step on my laptop.

Ted

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Then you're not running Windows :p

15. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yessir, I am! :p

Ted

16. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.

If they are built like the new DI pedals, they will be a hard plastic shell on a metal chassis base.

17. Smoe

Smoe

Jul 20, 2005
    for $20 you could always buy one to try it, and if you don't like it - then chuck it. I think that's kind of the point with them. Not much of a loss really. $20? (Probably about $35 AU I guess) Hell, buy five of them and use the other 4 as door stops.

Over here (Australia), Boss pedals retail for about 200 bucks or so (depending on the model of course). Similar story with Digitech. I can understand testing pedals, getting advice and taking your time for $200, but for $35? I reckon take a gamble. If you hate it, then throw it at your girlfriends mum next time she washes her clothes with yours.

18. Yeah, for Au$35 i am tryin em out.. and here's a thought, don't step on them that hard! i mean, do you have to STOMP on your stompbox?

Also i am going to compare the 'Vintage distortion' *cough* big muff copy *cough* to the real thing, however this behringer paper weight will set me back $70, hence the test first :p

19. baggpuss

baggpuss

May 28, 2003
    Hull, UK
    I know that Thomann ( www.thomann.de ) are already selling them, so im gunna order the bass chorus, bass EQ and the bass driver...
    As someone correctly pointed out.. for that price, if they dont work, i can vent my frustration by smashing them up.