1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New rare? Ibanez SR890 GFS VS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by afireinside, Mar 17, 2008.

1. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Ok stooopid craigslist..... lol

Local family selling a 1993 Ibanez SR890 in violet FM. They bought it is '93 in japan while in the military for the wife because it was purple, never played. Sat on a stand for years and when they had kids let them knock it around a bit......... Has about 5 small dings, but the kid supposedly tuned the strings too tight and caused the finish to crack horizontally across the body.... werid wood looks ok though. Looked at ibanez's old catalogs here:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1993/sr5.jpg
    and here:
    http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1993/sr_2.jpg

they only came in 2 colors in the US. So I suppose its a Japan color only? I emailed Ibanez but we will see, just gotta set her up now! I dissassembled her and cleaned her up yesterday and new strings. And to find out what to polish the corrosion off the gold plated hardware out with......

Attached Files:

2. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    are you sure that's an SR-890? It looks more like a GSR-200FM. Can you verify the year?

3. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    I dont have the full SN right now but it starts F3 so Fujen Factory 1993. States on the back of the headstock Made in Japan and she had the actual shipping box and a weird neon colored card from Ibanez that both had that model number on it. And the box is very dark and aged as if it sat for 14+ years. So with that documentation I am 100% sure its correct. I can get pics tomorrow when home of the box and card (for a flash back to the early 1990's Ibanez) Also back of neck aged a really dark color over the years.

4. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Just looked up the GSR-200FM No way is it that model. Just from the pic on Musicians friend it looks like a cheap korean guitar in comparison. The one I got has factory active pups the and the 2 reg and 2 stacked knobs for EQ volume ect. Gold hardware, gold HD bridge ect.

5. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    wow, well you got a really sweet bass then. I only thought it was a gsr b/c the pics you posted were a little hazy and I couldnt really get a good look. put up some pics though, I'm interested to see it. I'm a huge Ibanez fan.

6. boka

boka

Oct 28, 2006
    i think i also have one (sr890) anybody know what it's worth?

7. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    I will get some tomomrrow, thats just the pics off of craigslist, I was just anxious to hear if anyone had seen a Japanese exclusive like that in the states. Weird how things happen lol

8. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    post pics lets see!!!!!! Start a club just us 2 lol is it the FM purple finish too???

9. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    I'd join, but the closest I have to an 890 is an 885.

10. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    good enough PICS!!!!

11. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    My Soundgears from left to right:

SR1015, SR885, SR905

l_723b15fa90cb6a914205a2c0fe7e0617.

l_5e0323068779633cd81cc3f52c484c65.

12. boka

boka

Oct 28, 2006
    can anyone tell me how o post pics?
    seriously... lol

and mine's green burst

13. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    just get the pic onto your computer and under the message area their should be a manage attachments if its too big you will have to shrink it via photobucket or a program

14. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Very nice, here are the real ones of mine in question lol

Card/Box ID:
    Untitled-Scanned-14.

IBANEZ-1.

IBANEZ6.

IBANEZ5.

IBANEZ2.

IBANEZ3.

IBANEZ4.

15. boka

boka

Oct 28, 2006
    nice, so now, theres two members of our "club" lol

may i ask how much you got yours for?

16. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    You dont want to know.....

17. tulip_tina

tulip_tina

Mar 17, 2008
    nice

18. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    Damn, what a score! Looks like the SR890 has the same electronics as my SR800. That Vari-Mid EQ rocks!