Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Ray 5!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alistair R, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Hey guys,

Recieved my ray 5 today :D I went for the maple board with the black pickguard.

Im loving it to death! Super sexy grain on it too.

Heres some pics. Bought it from Guy from the bass centre melbourne (Thanks heaps yet again!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    A friend of mine who plays guitar in my band has that bass's twin, I borrow it from time to time when I don't have my own basses, and it rocks for sure. Its a classic look and a great playing and sounding bass. Congrats!

3. awesome bass mate, can't wait to hear it sometime! Still i must murder you for visiting Ritter...haha

4. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    Fine looking example of a great bass. Enjoy that one.

tk

5. :ninja: I must hide. lol

Yeah, ill get some recordings down sometime soon.

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Alistair, you can't go wrong with an SR5!

7. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Actually, you can't go wrong with the basscentre. Those guys make it possible for victorians to own some awesome basses that are actually very comparable to the US prices. My teacher - Tass Petridis - knows Guy well, and Tass was telling me that the basscentre's aim is to sell at a lower profit to have a higher turnover. This lets them achieve their ultimate aim, an always changing inventory.

every couple of weeks Guy has something new.

I can't wait to start my new part time job tomorrow so i can do some spending at the bass centre!!! :rolleyes:

BTW, that's one hot bass Alistair. :bassist:

8. Nice! Enjoy it mate, looks like the sort of thing that would be very easily enjoyed indeed!!

9. Guy has been so great to me. Words cannot express how much i am greatful. Those guys really do know what customer service is. And yes, i have to agree with you ras these guys do stand up to US prices. Guy knocks off like 20 - 30% off anything thats over $1500 or so you buy from him...

My dad calls the bass centre 'South Melbourne Baby Sitting Service' Guy puts up with me for many hours on end while dad heads into the city.

We should have a GTG at the bass centre one day ras!

10. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    Get that baby out of the case and get your groove on. That is what the SR5 is made for.

tk

11. Its on my lap right now, and im grooving alright ;)

12. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    that's not a bad idea... there are a couple of TB'ers from melbourne/victoria.

13. Do you have MSN or anything ras?