1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New 'Ray..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeffrey A-Bomb, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hi, I'm Jeff, and I'm a bassaholic.. haha.. Yeah, I bought this new 'Ray last night and am adoring it. Apart from being the natural finish (my favorite), it has a 2-band eq that I've been searching for forever.. To my ears, the 2-band eq 'rays have a growlier voicing and sound better to me all around. Anyone else feel the same way? Regardless, here it is.. not the greatest pic, but it works :p

Attached Files:

2. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    [​IMG]

3. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    ...was a 1980 StingRay, natural finish. Very similar to yours (i.e., 2-band EQ) except no body contours and a maple fingerboard. To this day, it was the growliest, best sounding bass I've ever heard. Sold it in 1992 'cuz I was strapped for cash (kick, kick, kick - that's the sound of me kicking my own @$$ to this day). I currently own a 2004 Ray, Honeyburst finish, maple fingerboard with the 3-band EQ. I love it, but it's not quite the same.

Congrats - excellent purchase.

4. your bass looks familiar :D
    [​IMG]

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice `Ray!!!!!!!!!!

6. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Nice lookin' bass. I've never owned a MM bass and that might have something to do with the fact that I've never had a chance to really try one with a rosewood board. GC tryouts don't count. Yours looks sharp. Maybe some day...

7. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Haha.. You stole it!! :eek: Nice bass indeed :D I kinda miss the days when musicmans used birdseye maple on the necks, but I'll live :p

8. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    Yeah man the 2 bands are mean.

9. mine has a birdseye maple neck:) It was in a storehouse for 5 years, untill I bought it in 2003.
    anyway, congrats, and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with that beauty