1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New/Re-Chrome Plating on my My Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by cola_klinks, Jun 14, 2005.

1. cola_klinks

cola_klinks

May 29, 2005
    My bridge is really worn looking (brass - or whatever metal it is - ? showing through) and I would like to get it re-chromed for aestetic reasons. I like the sound and I am wondering if there is any reason I shouldn't bring it in to get it re-chromed by a pro? Should I leave out the saddles just in case it changes tone. Thanks.

2. What type of bridge is it? In more than a lot of cases, it would cost less to replace the bridge with a new one of the same model than it would to have the bridge re-chromed by a chrome shop for all of the work that would have to be done to prep it.

3. +1, find out what kind of bridge it is and buy a new one, if anything.

4. cola_klinks

cola_klinks

May 29, 2005
    Thanks for the advice. I really couldn't find what type of bridge it was, but decided to call a plating shop with a good reputation and was told it would cost 35-40 Canadian, so I went for it. I've considered replacing with a Badass II bridge, but those are 120 Canadian...yes I'm serious. I can order online for cheaper, but I like to have the option of convenient returns. So to keep my sound and comfort level, I decided to rechrome. I'll let you know how it goes.