Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New/Re-Chrome Plating on my My Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by cola_klinks, Jun 14, 2005.

1. cola_klinks

cola_klinks

May 29, 2005
    My bridge is really worn looking (brass - or whatever metal it is - ? showing through) and I would like to get it re-chromed for aestetic reasons. I like the sound and I am wondering if there is any reason I shouldn't bring it in to get it re-chromed by a pro? Should I leave out the saddles just in case it changes tone. Thanks.

2. What type of bridge is it? In more than a lot of cases, it would cost less to replace the bridge with a new one of the same model than it would to have the bridge re-chromed by a chrome shop for all of the work that would have to be done to prep it.

3. +1, find out what kind of bridge it is and buy a new one, if anything.

4. cola_klinks

cola_klinks

May 29, 2005
    Thanks for the advice. I really couldn't find what type of bridge it was, but decided to call a plating shop with a good reputation and was told it would cost 35-40 Canadian, so I went for it. I've considered replacing with a Badass II bridge, but those are 120 Canadian...yes I'm serious. I can order online for cheaper, but I like to have the option of convenient returns. So to keep my sound and comfort level, I decided to rechrome. I'll let you know how it goes.