1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Recording up - Rainchild

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by madthumbs, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Well if i say so my self, it isnt as good as i thought melody was. But its ok. Using enhancer and chorus+reverb. I think i went a bit overkill with the reverb though. Its claled "Weekly Comp 05': Rainchild" im entering it into a competition over at musicians forums. so yeah. Take a listen and tell me what you think.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/madthumbsmusic.htm
    Can't believe i forgot that part :lol:

2. bump

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Link?

4. bump yall

5. :upset:

6. aww come on

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Not bad, but I think you need to tweak your tone a little more if you want to play solo bass pieces. Your tone seems a little brittle and lacking lows. Seems like you used the reverb to add lows but in turn it sounds over processed; and like you mentioned, way to much reverb. All in all a pretty cool piece though.

I would really like to hear this piece with no effects to get a better judge of your tone.

Sound 2.5/5 - I really don't like really bright, brittle tones. Also reduce the amount of reverb, it sounds like you are playing in a cave.

Music 3.5/5 - I really dig that intro. Could be a awesome piece if you add more parts and try a different form (Intro = A, Popping Lick = B; try ABA and then add more unrelated parts, but return to that intro as a transition between the other melodies.

Record Quality - 2.5/5 - I think all that reverb is what's causing the speaker breakup (might just be the headphones I was wearing). Reducing that will probably improve the quality tenfold.

All in all pretty good,
    Adam

8. thanks a-bark... i had the tone set up through my amp.. and when i came to record it was directly into the soundcard, so the tone didn't come out as i had planned, i will try and get a non effected peice up for you ;)