New Recordings Of My Band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Luke19Boarder, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Alright, one of my bands is going to be recording a demo pretty soon, and we recorded and handful of songs on my computer (using a single mic and track per song, so it's not great quality nad the levels are a bit off...). If you guys could take a listen and tell me what you think honestly. I posted this on another forum and a lot of people said that the singer wasn't good at all, and if you agree ... be nice about it. He really is a good singer, but he sounds really different when recording into a mic in the middle of the room trying to be heard over loud instruments...

Thanks in advance
  2. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    hey luke :hyper: it's me from mx!

cool stuff, i liked the tone of......well, everything. good work, the vocals were a little quiet though; and from what i heard, they weren't bad at all.
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Listened to the D song, very cool and not bad sound for one track. Nice groovy bassline. Can't hear the singer enough on that song to critique him, sorry.

Climbing the wall is pretty mellow too, I hear the singer now. He would sound better if he wasn't straining to sing over instruments, not bad really. With his own track and a little mixing it should be fine.

Good work
  4. Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedaback! Any thing that we need to work on musically?
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Musically, you have got that mellow sort of rock nailed. If you were playing live I would make sure you kept the energy up, because very mellow stuff can get boring.

Last night I saw really mellow/sad singer. Same song, tempo, signature and chord progressions for two hours, really repetitive and boring. Her cello player was the only thing that kept me from leaving.
  6. Yeah, we only really have one upbeat song, but we have another in the works and we have been telling ourselves we need to make more energetic stuff. Thanks for your input.