1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Recordings Wadayathink ?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by topcat2069, Oct 6, 2009.

1. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    Just the first 8 songs... I've been working with this singer guitarist (Phil Diiorio) for the past 5 months.. I'm just starting to post these songs... They are originals written by either Phil or me. I did all the recording and mixing. Phil is the lead singer and I sang all the Backups. I played some guitar as well as some keys but all the Bass ( I'm a real simple player) My faves are "Dreams Will Come" and "The Light" both were written by both of us.

Let me know what you think

Thanks

http://www.sonicbids.com/DavidHayden

2. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    I really liked them, real old school rockin' blues. Very refreshing for me. Nice bass & guitar. The singing is well done, but kind of average to me.

3. ryanphonic

ryanphonic

Oct 7, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Great song structure and arrangements! Especially for only 5 months of collaboration, this stuff really shines.

The vocals are a bit too clean for my tastes - in performance and too far up in the mix. That bluesy "growl" Phil is doing comes off as a little phony, like he's biting from singers he admires. I'd advise him to cut back on that stuff.