Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW RECORDINGS!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Obsolex, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Ok, http://obsolex.vze.com , go to the downloads section, and new downloads... Some guy on my other post said "BUSTED, how could you have recorded at day 1!?", dude, thats just a time frame, i don't know the exact date i started. Thanks, tell me what you think of them, there all titled HOUSE JAM whatever, but the filenames are Soto something, lateZ, _-soto-_

2. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    anyone have ANY comments? _-soto-_

3. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I listened to them. Too much slap. Slap can be practiced and learned. IMO. Work on timing...and not letting the dog bark when recording. Sounds great. Keep up the good work.

4. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    really!? its kinda cool to hear "sounds great, keep up the good work" from someone here, cuz i know most of you kick some major ass. oh and I was at a friends, and his dog barked, I want a digital recorder so you can actually hear all the slapping going on though, thanks man, _-soto-_

5. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Not bad. Pretty good slap riffs, but kind of repetative. I enjoyed it though. Like Johnalex said, keep up the good work. What kind of bass are you using?

6. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    AMP: ****ty 40 watt Sammick, then SWR LA-15 100w.
    Bass:
    Old Riffs: Ibanez GSR 200
    New Riffs: Ibanez SR3005
    Recorder: $12 dollar computer mic
    Top of the line stuff ha? That's right, lolz, _-soto-_

7. This is my conclusion of yer work:

100 % Boring
    0 % Feeling

8. All I can say is that it sounds better than your "old recordings". Your alot more in-time and you apply lots of Double stops and you got pretty good chops. But, Your still not perfectly in time and Im not sure about your attitude related to bass, With all the "I own your ass at bass" stuff on the site. Being too overconfident in your playing is the first step towards failure. Although you are confident in your playing enough to post it on the net, A place in confidence I havent reached yet (that and laziness ;) ). BTW nice site, you make it on ur own?

9. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Hey i listened to some of your stuff, pretty good original stuff, timing needs quite a bit of work, but i hear lots of improvement from earlyier stuff to later stuff, a bit repedative but breaking that comes in time, unless your going for that trancy beat, have you ever tryed to link some of thouse riffs together and adding lil bridges, all and all its pretty good for what 2.5 years?? work on your timing quite a bit more, keep up the work
    peace
    -Ben

10. Why do you make these threads Obsolex and then never reply once you get some negative feedback, seems kinda trollish if u ask me.

11. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    well what the hell am I supposed to say? "ok, thanks man, thanks for thinking i suck :) :p!" whatever dude... _-soto-_:bassist: :bassist:

12. We never said u suck, We just gave you tips on how to improve. I guess my last post was kinda well, dumb. I guess there is nothing you can say to the post. So sorry for any offense. Oh yea keep up the good work. Peace :D

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

We still don't have the answer to this question!! ;)

14. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    no problem, its all good, _-soto-_

15. My intention was never to offend you... You are a fast slapper but IMHO, I think you lack a lot of feeling... It seems to me as if it is only a whole lotta practice and technique behind yer riffs... have a nice day...

16. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    You and me botch :(, lolz, seriously :(, _-soto-_

17. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    mabye you're some sort of child prodigy.....:meh:

18. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    ??

19. Hey, on your site, a little heads up. Trey Gunn is not the bassist from Tool, he's the bassist, or I should say "Warr Guitarist", for King Crimson.

20. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    oh my bad, i didn't even catch that, thanks man, i'll change that as soon as i can, _-soto-_