New Releases for 2004

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    What new CD's are you looking forward to this year? Personally, I'm curious to see what drivel Jamiroquai puts out this year. Also, I can't wait for the new Omar CD and Stu Zender's new project, Leroy, is supposed to drop this year.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Radiohead and Air are both working on new material if I remember correctly.

Also, There is that new Victor wooten album that's been mentioned on his webpage for months now. That should be pretty good.

Del is working on a new album I think that'll drop later in the year.

Add N to (x) also has some new stuff, I think.

and Scott Herren(prefuse 73) is also working on some new stuff under one(or more) of his aliases

Does anyone know the word any Squarepusher? it's been a while since he released anything, I'd be eager to hear what he has up his sleeves.
  3. The new Incubus CD, LostProphets seems like a good on, and I heard that there could be a new Tool CD out this year.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think their is going to be some release of Metallica meterial recorded before St. Anger and i think U2 has something on the way for 04.
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That new single makes me curious about the new CD. I really like that song.
  6. System of a Down should have something coming within the next year. Can't wait.
  7. Wildside

Jan 12, 2004
    theater of pain
    Nikki Sixx's new band , Brides of Destruction should have their album out in march sometime. The band consists of Nikki Sixx on bass, Tracii Guns on guitar, scott coogan on drums, and london legrand is the singer. I think it'll be a great vintage motley crue style rock record and I'm pretty pumped about it.
  8. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I'm definately looking forward to the new Roots CD,The Tipping Point. Matt Garrison's upcoming live CD/DVD and Zender's "Leroy" project are on my list, too.
  9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    my honey Fiona Apple has got a 'must buy' coming out this year (I hope). I'm real excited to hear what Mark White and the rest of the Spin's are about to record. Rumor has it El Pus is cutting tracks ;) (any rough mixes leaked yet WoodChuck?)

I'm always up for some new 'Medeski, Martin and Wood', Dave Holland, Remy Shand or even Beck.
  10. new Cure album (plus Join the dots B-sides/rarities box set and expanded album reisues)

new Psychedelic furs album (hopefully- it's been mentioned since 2002)

ps. also waiting for the Living Colour Collideascope album to be reduced from the present extortionate price in HMV of £15.99:eek: to something remotely reasonable....
  11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The new Death Angel album
  12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    The Chinkees' new album will be out in July.

Asian Man will also be rereleasing a number of classic ska albums from the Moon Ska vaults between August and Feburary!!!!

New Asian Dub Foundation album too.
  13. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I'm looking forward to Air's new album, 'Talkie Walkie', out tomorrow (26th).

I look forward to the Stuart Zender release (hadn't heard of this). Any details, Woodchuck?

Kate Bush will finally release a new album later this year - high hopes for that.

I hope that we might hear something new from Daft Punk this year as well.

PS, Mock Turtle, you can pick up Living Color's new CD for £11.99 from
  14. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Apparently there's a new Matthew Good CD comin' out this year so I'll be pre-ordering that. Also, the Matches (local band from bay area. really good pop-punk stuff) are getting their CD rereleased nationally by Epitaph later this year so I'm pretty excited for them on that front.
  15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Interstella 5555 came out a couple weeks ago.

But yeah, I hope they have some other projects underway.
  16. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    I spoke with Greg Tribbet's brother and discovered that Mudvayne's new release will be attacking the market in June/July. Can't wait. -Luke
  17. thanks, but I haven't got a credit card for online ordering.
    I'm watching the HMV racks as the album isn't selling (5 or 6 copies in the Oxford St. store), and it must be getting reduced soon.
  18. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I bought and enjoyed it thoroughly.
  19. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    The new Mudvayne album is on the top of my list.... it better kick ass.