New Reverend Soundclips

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, May 20, 2004.

1. I posted some new clips of my Reverend J/J on my website. Both are fingerstyle, one is dry, the other is through a Sansamp Bass Driver.
  2. Czar

May 6, 2003
    New Jersey
    Cool...sure sounds "slappable" to me :cool:
  3. I just got to work, and now, I want to run right back home and play my 'Fish! :D
    That sure is one sweet-sounding bass.
  4. it sounds so alive and "active". what a sweet bass. you're putting reverend back on my short list.

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Nice sounding bass. I have to be careful not to play Dave's Reverend since it simply makes me want to go and buy one.
  6. What does a Sansamp bass driver do?
  7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I always hear that Reverends are not good slap basses. Either you are a great player or some one is wrong about the Reverend. (You could be great and they were wrong :cool: ). I kind of wish I had checked Reverend out before I settled on a Tribute since they don't cost alot more.
  8. sunburstbasser

Oct 18, 2003
    A lot of folks are wrong about the Reverend as a slapper's instrument. That sounds like the standard Rumblefish. My XL has a humbucker mode from the 5-string version that sounds as good as nearly any other bass I've played, slap fingerstyle etc. Hell, I can make mine sound like early Flea slap, Geddy Lee fingerstyle, and even a great jazz tone. The only thing wrong with the Reverend is that there just aren't enough of 'em!

Those clips sound a lot like mine, I'm glad a few people are starting to come around to them!
  9. It's a stompbox that is intended to make your bass sound like it's being played through a tube amp. It has a level, blend, treble, bass, drive and presence controls. It's capable of creating a wide range of great sounding tones. Well worth the money. It also has an XLR out so it can be used as a direct box. It's the only piece of gear I use at my Church gig.
  10. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Nice soundclips! I preferred the slap tone though.
  11. bino

bino Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Say Count, I've got a thread going asking for passive axe advice and both replies are talking up the fish. Those clips have just the sound I'm looking for. You have the JJ model, right? Sounds pretty ballsy for a jazz. Does it get more playing time than your G&L?

Can anyone provide a comparison between the JJ and PJ Reverends?
  12. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice slap tone, yes its quite 'active' sounding.
  13. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Great slap tone - but to me, it almost sounds like a P being slapped instead of a J.
  14. Bino,

Mine is the J/J and ues, it doe get more playing time than the G&L. I personally love the sound of passive basses. The G&L is an awesome bass but there is something about the Reverend that makes me go for it most often.
  15. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    great sound.

i am not a slapper, but i dig your playing. my 'fish is a tone monster too. it's not the XL model and i am thinking about make a mod to have the humbucker mode swith on mine.

great basses by the way. really live and aggressive.