New Ric....4004Cii Translucent Green

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by incubus2432, Feb 25, 2006.

1. incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Last week I received my newest Rickenbacker....a 4004Cii in Translucent Green. It came with gold hardware which I immediately replaced with chrome and I may eventually change to black. The green is the only color I was on the hunt for and I got lucky by finding a new one available. As far as tone goes it is the most well rounded of my four Rics and the action is perfect.

I no longer own any 4003's (not that there is anything wrong with them) because I find the 4004's to better suit my tone and comfort needs. I only wish there were more available for people to test drive because I think the popularity would soar! :bassist:

2. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    Your rik's kick ass, and the chrome hardware definitely was a good choice IMO.
  3. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Yes, looks better with chrome. I'm not a fan of gold hardware, but gold looks good with RIC's Montezuma Brown finish.
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    SWEET!!!! What a nice collection.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Nice , Green basses Rock ! :bassist:
  6. wow thats one nice bass man. love the green, but you should go with the black hardware, the chrome looks to plain on it.

and not only a nice new bass, what a great collection.
  7. beadgc

Oct 10, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY

The 4004 is by far my favorite Rick design, and I've never managed to put my hands on one. Really sweet bunch of Ricks you've got.
  8. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    WoW nice basses specially the LK, would you mind to adopt me????
  9. steve21

steve21 Banned

You've got some amazing ricks, brother, congrats.
  10. I don't know about you, but i kind of dislike the look of Rick's.
    I mean - for me it looks worse than lots of amateur-made basses. That shape looks like carved by drunk person with a fisherman's knife :s.
    (but don't get too offended)
  11. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I like the colour, but it's just not a Ric anymore to me. You take a way the pickguard, all the knobs, the big pickup assembly, and the huge bridge, and what's left just ain't as cool.
  12. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    I like it. I currently have a 4003 JG which I love but have always wanted to get my hands on a 4004 to try, I guess I'll eventually have to take a road trip!
  13. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
  14. beadgc

Oct 10, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    That's why there's chocolate and vanilla.:) All of those things are exactly why I never liked the classic Rick look, and when you take them off -- a la the 4004 -- I like think it's totally cool.
  15. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Oh, no, I totally get that, beadgc. I guess I'm just stating my allegiance to the chrome-and-pickguard camp.
  16. incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Thanks all....well, almost all !! :p

I think I will go with the black hardware if my source has any p/u surrounds left.

vene-nemesis.....if you happen to be an 18 year old busty Swedish girl, consider yourself adopted!!!! :D

I look at the 4004 as the evolution of the classic Ric. Just a more modern version with some of the 4003 traits that I disliked updated and enough of the traditional tone, shape and playability to keep it a member of the family. They may not be for everyone but I don't need/want anything else....they suit my needs perfectly.
  17. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    That is one amazing collection you have there!
  18. slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    I wish someone could post sound clips of a 4004...

Does anyone know where some clips might be?
  19. Hemitom

Oct 12, 2005
    Very Nice:cool: but which one do you grab first?