Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Ric in the Family!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by incubus2432, Jul 30, 2005.

1. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I picked this 4004Ci up off of Ebay this week. I've been wanting one since I got my 4004LK several months ago. It has low action and plays effortlessly. Tone wise it has the traditional Ric tone with a little more lowend. Just perfect. It sounds very similiar to the LK which is a great.

Unfortunately there is also a "bad" :mad:. My Bartolini equipped 4003's sound pretty thin in comparison.......so I don't feel much of a need to hang on to them any longer. I have also grown to appreciate the oiled finish and non-painted neck/fretboard of the 4004's. I'm going to thin the herd (hello evilbay) and just keep the LK, Ci and 4003s8. I just can't part with the s8....it is a joy to play and sounds so unique/huge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Awsome dude!

Those 4004ci's were awsome.

And you were right btw...i have been playing my new 4004cii alot more than the others of late...I think they are a bit jealous...shhhh

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    That gold is beautiful!

4. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm loving that 8-string. I wish RIC still made 'em!

5. Me too. :(

6. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    they are beautys,wow congrats in the new one

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    They need to offer that blacked out Ric in a 4 :hyper:

8. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    But think of how that would impact the value of mine :p :bassist: !

9. Warwickman0810

Warwickman0810

Mar 29, 2005
    London, UK
    Fab new addition man, congrats!!! Nice bass family there :cool:

10. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Thanks all for the kind words. And, BTW, I blacked out the s8 myself. Ric used to offer "reverse hardware" which meant black/black instead of white/chrome or vice-versa. I actually like the blacked out look with chrome hardware......I was going to powdercoat my chrome but decided I liked it as is. It is a nightmare to keep clean though......

11. Nice looking Ricks!!! I have been thinking about getting one!!!

12. love the 8-string!! I used to own one,a 4008 in autumnglo\walnut gloss early to mid eighties model(don't remember the exact year)..the only bass I ever regretted selling..I wish I still had it today :crying: ..BTW..nice lookin family you heve there...