Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New rig - AI Clarus+Epi UL110 & UL112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MKS, Sep 9, 2005.

1. So my new Epifani UL112 arrived today to complete my new rig. I got an AI Clarus while working in the US earlier this year, and I picked up the Epi UL110 from TBer Matthew Foote (of the SEI fretless seven and Accugroove rig). I've been loving the sound and portability of the Clarus+110UL, and have been completely blown away by the depth and clarity of sound. This was no wimpy little rig... BUT then my UL112 arrived and I plugged that in this evening. AYE CARUMBA!!! This rig is SMOKING! Seriously big sound, lots of clarity, plenty of LOW end (nice focussed B) and of course still uber-portable. Seriously, I've been trying out the rig at home and having to keep the amp barely ticking over to avoid p***ing off the neighbours! This thing rumbles like a good 'un.

So having had a year of trading gear I now have a rig that I'm extremely happy with. I have one less bass (traded in a Lakland 55-02 for the UL112), an FX rig less, and of course I sold my old Ashdown MAG MON combo and the Trace Elliott 4x8 to make room... However I'm very pleased to report that I now find myself completely GAS free.

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I hear that this is a killin setup. Wilbyman has the same setup but with the Focus. He now uses an Eden WT550 for electric gigs though.

3. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Yup, this is a great rig. You will love it. Congrats from across the drink. It works very well with the Acoustic Image gear as well as the Eden head I'm running.

4. Nice rig! And it looks cool :cool: