New rig!!!! and/with obscure rigs...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tecx, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Yes!.. I love the "what the hell is that reaction"...

4 vote(s)
  2. No!.. They are for bums...

0 vote(s)
  3. Yes, wierder the better...

5 vote(s)
  4. No, conservativeness is the wave of the future...

2 vote(s)
  1. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    So lets see some pics of some stange rigs:

ie. using guitar preamps, several preamps, homemade gear ect.

I think my new rig is strange, considering I am using a guitar preamp before my RBI.

Peavey Rockmaster tube preamp
    Tech 21 RBI Sansamp
    Soundtech PL200 poweramp (200 at 8 ohms)
    Punch 1x15 (handmade in Canada)

ps. I will have pics, and yes I have been talking about this new rig too much...
  2. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Actually it annoys me that my rig is obscure. I have the only Acme cabinets in the UK, consequently I have to suffer cretinous drummers telling me that 10" speakers don't have enough bottom for bass. Why don't they listen?! OTOH, if anyone steals them they're going to have trouble selling them without me finding out.

3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I use "Ebony" amps. I'd never heard of em either. But I listen with my ears, not my eyes. And my Home-made cabs get more attention from muso's than my bought ones. I guess I like the attention.
  4. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    never heard of them... Whats their deal?...

ps. you know 161 people have read this thread, no ones is posting... :(
  5. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Well, since you mentioned "several preamps". My current bass guitar/Chapman Stick rig utilizes an Alembic Superfilter that acts as a front end for the Stick, (I'm still toying with those settings) one channel feeding an Aguilar DB 680 for the bass side, and the other channel feeding an SWR Interstellar Overdrive for the melody side, these two pre-'s are recombined to mono and fed to an Aguilar DB728 into my new Bag End Q10B.

Thinking about the Avalon U5...
  6. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    WOW man, that sounds like one hell of a rig!.. What stick do you play?.. I was thinking about getting one or getting a (warr-esqu) bass built..

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

My rig is a mutt of sorts. I have a six space RotoRack which always contains the following: Furman PL+ power conditioner, Rane DC-24 split-band compressor, Stewart World 2.1 power amp. In the remaining two spaces I use two of the following three items: old red-knob Alembic F2B tube preamp, TC Electronics 1140 parametric preamp, Aphex 204 enhancer.

Some of those items are popular, but I don't know of any other bassist using either the Rane or the TC.

I'll pop in a picture when I get home. :)