1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New rig arrived today! Mesa content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ampcarfan, Feb 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Brand spanky new Mesa Subway D800 and 2 Powerhouse 2x10s. I have to tell you guys, this rig is Amazing! Everything I've read on here about the D800 all makes perfect sense now. It's an outstanding little head with a TON of clean girth and power. The Deep switch, input and voicing controls have ALOT of effect on the tone. I've only messed with it for a few hours, but I'm liking..Deep "On", Input and Voicing in the 1-2 o'clock range, everything else flat, Master at 9:00 (I have neighbors.. lol).

I went from an M9 and Powerhouse 4x10 to this and it's quite a step UP. In all fairness, the 4x10 was an 8 ohm cab and these 2 PH210's represent a 4 ohm load to the D800. It sounds similar but not as bright, thicker (in a good way) with more much more "hit". Lighter too! I know the Subway 12s and 15s are allegedly great cabs and significantly lighter than the PH210s' but I've always been 10's guy. If Mesa made a Subway 2x10, I would have been all over a couple of them.

Anyone who's considering this head, just pull the trigger! Peace

Caca de Kick, SnoMan and handofseven like this.
  2. I figured I better follow TB etiquette. Post a pic, or it isn't true.

Attached Files:

3. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I've been pining over this exact rig. Be sure and post how you continue to feel about it.

4. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Also I'd love to hear your thoughts on stacking it vertical vs horizontal, if you wouldn't mind obliging.

5. I'll update after I put some miles on it. I built a pedestal, so I doubt I'll ever stack it Vertically. I'll add one thing, after schlepping that 4x10 (98lbs) I was a little concerned about these cabs being 68lbs. but they don't "feel" that heavy and are pretty easy to carry. That PH410 was a backbreaker..

6. audionut36

audionut36

Sep 25, 2012
    I did. Used to run 2 PH210s with a Prodigy, but got my D800 this past Tuesday and am loving it. Only difference is I run the cabinets vertically.

ampcarfan likes this.
  7. OMG !!!!...stack those cabs VERTICALLY !!..LOL..just kidding...nice rig man,.. enjoy

ampcarfan likes this.
  8. Very nice, and looks cool too!

ampcarfan likes this.
  9. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    very nice, might be picking one of these up myself if i end up getting into another volume war with the new second bassist