Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new rig. clipping issues.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jedi, Jan 19, 2005.

1. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    i finally got my rmx 1450 in and connected everything:
    yamaha pb1 -> rmx1450 -> avatar 212 8ohm (handles 1000watts)
    i have the high and mid on the pb1 at about 7, with the bass at 3. when i turn the gain to 3 o'clock and the volume on the pb1 to about 6 i get clipping when i play the e. i've yet to play with my drummer with the setup, but it doesn't seem like my rig is loud at all, and it clips like crazy. i've searched and found bits and pieces here and there on things similar to this but i'm curious what others put their gain at on the rmx but keep from clipping. oh, i would wait longer to post, but we've gotta a show thursday and we don't have a chance to practice before then so i can't play with the drummer till we play live. thanks for any and all help.
    -kyle

2. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I just got a new head and was having similar troubles with mine. When i asked most responded by saying to lower the gain control. My head doesnt have a gain control though so I had to fiddle around with how i had things set up. Definatly try lowering the gain, and then mess around with ur EQ to get the same sound

3. The PbI has a very powerful gain section, turn it down and adjust the level via volume and eq section, that might help.
    If you're not doing so, run the 1450 bridged, your cabinet has an 8 ohm impedance and your QSC will only run with 1/2 the power.

4. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    at the risk of sounding unknowledgable, there isn't a 'gain' knob on the pb1...are you talking about the level knob? and according to QSC schematics i have the 1450 set to bridged with the switches on the back, but both signal lights still light up when i play, though the channel two knob doesn't do anything.
    -kyle

5. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Bridged mono uses both channel outputs, so you should see both signal LEDs light up.