1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Rig Day - Bergantino IP212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrDOS, Dec 16, 2011.

1. I just can't resist posting the new arrival - Bergantino IP212. These are heavy!

[​IMG]

2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    ...and just about the "Holy Grail" of bass rigs too. At least from what I've gathered... :meh:

What kind of preamp are you using with it? How's she sound?

MM

3. And here's the whole fam damily ;)

Left:
    QSC PLX-2402 Power Amplifier
    Bergantino 2X12 prototype (no horn)
    Bergantino HT310

Right:
    Crest CA9
    Korg DTR1 tuner
    Demeter VTBP-201s tube preamp
    Aphex 204
    dbx 166XL Compressor

Furman PL-Plus Power Conditioner
    Alembic F-1X Tube Preamp
    dbx 266XL Compressor
    QSC PLX1602 Power Amplifier
    Bergantino IP212

[​IMG]

4. I'm going to plug it in now! But my experience with these Berg cabs is that you appreciate them even more at the gig :)

5. IP212

OK - I'm sure there's plenty of reviews of it elsewhere, but here's my first impressions.
    1) It's LOUD. Amazing volume, but I won't know for sure until I compete with two guitars and a drum kit
    2) CHORDS -- I can't recall plying an Ab5 and having it so clear in a bass rig!
    Referring to the "have scales ruined music thread," maybe they are dyads or harmonies :) -- but I'm very impressed.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f22/have-scales-ruined-music-835429/index2.html#post11897179

3) I'm hearing more nuances of my bass preamp than before. I may need to have the tube replaced!

I'll have a full report after I play a loud rock club Saturday night!

6. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Oh yeah. Good score!
    A large IP is quite sufficient, with full low end and punch outside with no PA support or stage back shell.
    Good holiday present to yourself and listeners.
    What pre are you using?

7. Primarily the gig rack with the Demeter VTBP-201s. I will try out the Alembic today just for fun :)

8. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    That's a GREAT sounding rig. I preferred the Demeter to the Kern or the Read Purity with my IP112/HT112.

9. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    love it!!! :hyper:

10. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    Looking at the pics of the rest of your rigs - what are you doing complaining the IP212 is heavy?

Just kidding...

Dan K.

11. LOL
    The 2X12 I've been using is quite light. I had plans to install Neo 12s but decided it was not needed. It doesn't even have casters!

12. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    I was thinking the same thing.:):)
    Seriously it's 3 lbs. less than a SWR Goliath III with 1000 w amp built in. The Ampegs weigh more. You need two GIIIs to do what one large Berg IP can do. I speak from experience.:)

13. jsbarber

jsbarber

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone compared the IP212 to the modular IP112 or IP112ER versions with the extension cabs?

Jim

14. Gig report
    We played at a hard rock club famous for high volume. I heard myself more clearly than ever. The IP amp has a unique quality that reminds me of the first time I heard Meyer PA gear with woofer cone feedback control (Servo-driven speakers).

With the casters on, the weight was not an issue. Setup time was reduced without having to carry in the Crest Amp, too.

So glad I purchased this cab!

15. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    Summit Summit Summit...

Summit Audio 2ba-221

Cheers,
    Cameron

16. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Oh, Cameron!
    If I'm not waxing on about the Bergs you steal my parking space to talk about the great great Summit on the Bergs. Who's consistent? What's up Bruh?!:):):):)

17. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Jung of Jive Sound said the IP112 ER with EX112 ERs get really close to the bigger Bergs. I love the original IP112/EX112 for exactly what it does in terms of portability, small footprint on stage and in transportation. Their seismic ability is outstanding but the bigger IPs don't even care when they are outside.