1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW RIG DAY!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eukatheude, Jun 8, 2014.

1. After an odissey of looking at the used market (and opening threads for advice here) I've finally decided on my new setup.
    IMAGE00144.

Hartke HA4000 into a Markbass 104HF. This thing sounds glorious! Several steps up from the Ashdown combo I used to play through. It has yet to make it to a rehearsal room but that's likely to happen tomorrow.
    The head is very heavy but packs a punch, lots of power available and the EQ is the most versatile I have ever found. It has two fully parametric bands, plus fixed freq low/high and an "ultra low" knob. Plus it has a variable frequency notch filter, which I found sounds best either completely off or at around 400/500 hertz.

The cab is lightweight but definitely bulky, so it's still a bit of a hassle to transport. Sounds very transparent and it's LOUD.
    As a plus, the guy threw in a good speaker cable and the MB bass keeper velcro thingy, which definitely works.

Even if in the end i went in completely different direction, I want to thank everyone who offered advice in the threads I've opened!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. CONGRATS! Nice rig. Play the heck out of it :bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist: :)

3. I noticed the head hisses, and it seems to be coming from the mid-high para band. I say that because the hiss changes pitch if I act on the frequency. It also doesn't happen with the other band, if I set it the same way. I've contacted the store with a complaint.